Monday, October 26, 2009

7 Months of Joy!



Bryson just turned 7 months on October 25, which is amazing to us! He is progressing so quickly and getting big. When he was right at 5 months he was getting up on all fours and attempting to crawl...well, it didn't take long at all before he started moving and now we can't stop him! Just in the last week or two he has been pulling up on EVERYTHING. All he really wants to do is walk, which may happen sooner than we think. Cory and I are betting that he will start walking around 9 months--maybe right on Christmas! On top of trying to climb everything, Bryson's new thing is growling. He growls all the time, especially in my Junior League meetings when it's nice and quiet! Luckily everyone thinks he is funny and cute. :)


At Bryson's 6 month appointment he weighed 16 lbs and was 27 inches...so basically we had a tall, skinny boy. We have been trying to beef him up a bit to get some cute little rolls on him and it looks like it may be working! We took him in again at about 6.5 months due to a rash and he had gained almost a pound (16.13 lbs) in 2 weeks! I love naked babies and it cracks me up to see his little butt get an extra roll and more dimples (the only time in life that dimples are cute!).


I am so excited to hear that my AWESOME friend JoElla and her husband Brian are having a little girl! Bryson has a little girlfriend!! She isn't born yet but her marriage is already arranged...haha, just kidding Jo...maybe ;)! Congrats to you both! I can't wait until our kids can play together...yippy!


We recently got back from a "vacation" in Sedona, AZ. I put quotes around 'vacation' for all the moms and dads out there that know EXACTLY what I mean and for those who haven't experienced it yet, then you just wait. Basically it was more work than a vacation with a 6 month old but we did see some beautiful scenery AND the Grand Canyon!! I have been dying to see it in person and it definitely took my breath away. There are really no words to describe it...almost 2 billion years in the making!


Oh, and somewhere in the middle of all this activity going on, I turned 3-0! Woohoo, luckily age is just a number because I don't feel 30. I am already loving this age due to the fact that Mr. B is in our lives..he has made life so much more interesting and meaningful..I love you bugga!

I'm posting a lot of pictures due to me slacking on updating the blog...oops! Also my friend Kelly mentioned on her blog that there are companies that will bind all of your blogs for you...AWESOME (thanks girl!)! Enjoy! There will definitely be more to come after this weekend...Yay Halloween!

Our boy at 6 months

At 7 months with his Lola


He doesn't mind wearing hats, so he was happily playing one morning wearing one!


This is how I celebrated my 30th birthday...running in a marathon relay in Austin! These ladies rock!

Our view every morning at breakfast in Sedona, Arizona...beautiful!

My two favorite and handsome guys

So happy!



The Grand Canyon...incredible!



Pictures do not do the Grand Canyon justice! You HAVE to visit this magnificent place!


Bryson absolutely LOVES his backpack! He was all smiles and received more than enough attention from other hikers.


I'm always the photographer (as most mommies are), so Cory insisted he take a picture of me with the most beautiful backdrop!

Hiking is exhausting!



The resort had wonderful photo-opt areas, so I thought that I would try to get his 6 month pics

At the resort...Amaya


"Check out my shades...and drool"

The trees were turning fall colors and they were gorgeous! We don't get that here in Texas.


Red Rock State Park


A tower we were able to climb at the entrance of the South Rim. As if standing at the bottom wasn't good enough!

Pumpkin Patch...not too into it.

A different pumpkin patch where we stood him up...he LOVED that of course!


Monkey boy


Mommy's little monkey!

This is his growling face...I actually caught him in action and I laugh every time I look at it. I hope he isn't trying to take after the dogs.

2 comments:

JoElla Reinhardt said...

Love it! Bryson and Avery will be boyfriend and girlfriend...that way we can officially be family!;) Can't wait to see you guys!

Kelly said...

Wow! I can't believe Bryson is already 7 months! It goes by so fast, doesn't it? He is such a cutie pie! Looks like y'all had a great time at the Grand Canyon! So fun! I've been looking into backpacks for Emerson so we can go hiking and do all those "Colorado" things - what kind do you have? (I really like the sun canopy and all the padding.) Looks like y'all have been busy! Tell JoElla congratulations and that we have an Avery, too! :)