Friday, August 28, 2009

5 Months Old...and movin'...

Bryson just turned 5 months old on August 25th! It's hard to believe how far we have come since he was born. We have gone from no sleep to a little more sleep, eating every 2 hours on the dot to everyone 2.5 if I am lucky, smiling to giggling, slumping over to sitting up straight, rolling over to rolling/moving around the room, and recently (as of yesterday) from laying on his belly to being up on all fours! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I was showing him how to do it by lifting him up and cheering him on as I let go. He would hold it for a few seconds and drop back down. I leaned over to talk to Lola (our dog) and looked back at Bryson to see him up on all fours all by himself! I just about screamed with excitement! After I went crazy clapping, laughing and kissing Mr. B I then realized that "oh man, this means that he may be mobile soon!"--panic set in for a split second. :)

This summer has flown by and honestly, I am kinda glad. This weather is too darn hot and a little depressing because we can't enjoy the outdoors much. I feel like we have been prisoners in our own house. I am looking forward to Fall (if that exists) to be able to play outside in the grass, go to the park, go for runs and NOT be inside all the time!

Bryson has his 6 month check up next month so I am not for sure how long he is but I did weigh him yesterday. According to my scale, Mr. B weighs 15.4 lbs (with clothes on). My guess is that he will be around 16 at the next appointment. He may weigh more because just this week we started eating food! First it was peas, which he wasn't impressed with, and now its sweet potatoes...yummy! He likes his Bumbo now because he knows its time to eat when he is in it. The doctor told me that there is no evidence that rice cereal helps children sleep better but I would have to disagree! I fed him cereal in the morning for the first time yesterday and he slept for 1.5 hours! This is a huge difference from his normal 30-45 minute naps.

Here are some recent pic:


Sucking on Daddy's thumb as always...he just loves this!



Playing with Pop. We think this is who he gets his blue eyes from!

Cory's Grandmother...Bryson's Great Grandmother!

Luke, the obsessed with babies dog.


These two are going to be inseperable!

JoElla and Mr. B having a good time!

JoElla (preggo!), her husband Brian and us

Goofy pic...Bryson loved little Sophie..not sure if she appreciated him pulling on her pony-tail!

As soon as we put this fire truck down he went nuts! He is definitely all boy, minus the pink blanket. :)

My grandmother Mawmaw...another one of Mr. B's Greatgrandmothers! Love it!

"What are you doing to me people?!?! This is suppose to taste good? Gross!"

5 comments:

JoElla Reinhardt said...

Love the picts! Thank you for the sweet card and the pictures! He is a doll! Did you check your calendar about the BU/A&M game? We would love to come into town and go to the game with yall!

Andrea W. said...

I can't believe how much older he looks than when I saw him last! He is such a cutie!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh Tamera, his eyes are GORGEOUS!! He is getting so much bigger! How fun that JoElla came to see him - she still looks the same, too! Well, it looks like y'all are having fun with little man B - enjoy every moment - it goes by so quickly. You look GREAT! You'd never know you have a 5 month old. ;)

Gavin and Ashley Curtis said...

He is such a doll face. Cherish every second because before you know it, they are all grown up. My oldest just turned 8 and I still don't know where that time went. And you look FABULOUS!

Debralea said...

He is so cute! Isn't it fun?! Now get ready for the orange nose! Makes for great pictures. ;)