Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bryson's First Birthday

Well, I would have to say that Bryson's 1st birthday was a big hit! All the planning and preparing ended up working out perfectly and it looked like the birthday boy had a blast. He was so cute wearing his birthday shirt and not knowing what to do with all the people around him. He always made sure that he could see me, Cory or his Mimi at all times but he did play a little with the other kids. It will be wonderful to move back 'home' for a while to be around his nieces more! He is going to have to get used to being around all those girls. Hehe.

The cake turned out really cute (thankfully) and I couldn't wait for him to tear into it! He enjoyed putting his feet in it but wasn't so crazy about eating it. I won't complain if he turns out to not be a big sweets fan but come on...it's CAKE! I bet he will get more into it next year.

Since Easter was the weekend after B's big birthday, we decided to hang low for the holiday. We had a basket full of goodies waiting for him when he woke up and ended up packing up part of the house (yes, how relaxing). I couldn't believe that just last year Bryson was able to fit into his Easter basket...boy, he has grown!

New adventures of Bryson:

- He waves at everyone driving by now, since I do it. The neighbors love him!

- Dog poop is fun to play with (this one is for you Nikki!). I am more calm about these type of events than I thought I would be...this won't be the last time he discovers poop!

- I believe he is becoming a Foodie. This boy will eat ANYTHING! He loves salmon, squash, asparagus, and everything else I have given him...its great! Recently we let him experience spaghetti, which once again, I shocked myself with how calm I was during the whole 'mess'. Lola had a ball catching the noodles as he tossed them to her. He likes to share with his sister.

- Peek-a-boo is one of his favorite games and so far it never gets boring.

- Tex and Lola are fair game now...he is ALL over them! He says "dog" now. :)

- and lastly....he enjoys flashing Mama's tummy in the grocery store! This is all due to his obsession with his own tummy and feels the need to grab my shirt and lift it pretty far up so that everyone else can see it too...stinker...the cart is unfortunately at the "perfect" height.
Here are some recent pics:

The Big Birthday Boy



Cake table

Monkey business!




My sweet baby...I'm actually IN a picture with him!


The decorations and B giving Mama kisses!

Hmmm, not too sure about this....

The parting gifts/cookies!

Happy day!

SPAGHETTI!!!!

So much fun!

Easter Sunday

Grabbing the candy first...Below is Bryson in the same basket last year a few weeks old...

No comments: