Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby Shower Fun!

Last weekend my sister and Mom threw us a baby shower in Georgetown, which was a blast! I really enjoyed visiting with family and friends that I haven't seen in a very long time. The decorations down to the delicious cupcakes were perfect! I am just happy that the little man let me go. I will be honest though, on Sunday I was a little nervous that we weren't going to make it home due to having many contractions. Luckily, Cory and I got home from a fun-filled weekend with no baby-on-the-way!

We are so thankful for every one's love and support during this incredible time in our lives! All your gifts and well-wishes are greatly appreciated, as well as all the advice. I think that Bryson has more clothes now than Cory and I combined and it's amazing how much stuff he 'needs' for such a little person!! Who knew! He is already extremely spoiled due to all of your kind givings, so when he throws a fit I will pass him along to all of you to deal with...hehe!

Here are a few pictures from the shower: BTW, JoElla-we all missed you greatly and wished you could have been there! We hope you are feeling much better...

Cory and I with all the cute decorations behind us!

Yummy cupcakes that I was craving for weeks! They came from a famous place in Austin.

More decorations


My beautiful sister Kim (Kiki) and I

Andrea 'George' and Mrs. Mary Malone...childhood friend/Mom...and fellow softball star/Mom!

The weekend before last my friends threw me a shower, which they ended up moving to my house so that I could rest...it was awesome! I know that going into the hospital right before really threw them into a fizzy with planning and stuff but it all went smoothly and everyone had a great time. Like I have said before, I must be the luckiest woman in the world to have such wonderful friends and family! They did the whole 'Belly Tape' game where you have to guess how big my stomach was and my Evil Twin, Tamara won...the funny thing about it is how she came up with the measurement...she measured the circumference of her chest and it was practically right on! We all died laughing but it actually made me a little jealous...where are my boobs?!?! hehe...not fair!

Here are some pictures from that shower:

The hostesses: Sole (with baby Krystian), Allison, Rosa, Patty, Evil Twin, Nikki

Where's Tamara?!?

One of my favorite clients, Laura and Rosa

Sole, Kim (my 'younger' sis) and Jamie

Funny Question of the Month:

There is a sweet, young college girl who works the front desk at the gym that has been obsessed (in a good way!) about my pregnancy, always asking questions and wanting to feel Bryson move....everyday...so this question came from her-love you Dani!

She first started off with "wow, you look huge today!" (I just smiled) and then she asked "So, do you look funny naked?!" (I was speechless....)

My reply after a few moments to myself: Uh, well, hmm...yes, I guess I do! I then asked Cory that night if I looked funny naked and he started laughing, which indicated that he agreed...the more I thought about it the more I found it humorous and realized that I look sorta like an old man that has a huge pot belly and stick legs. So now I laugh every time I see myself in the mirror!

1 comment:

JoElla Reinhardt said...

I missed you guys so much! But it is probably a good thing that I did not come....I ran a 100* fever (on Tylenol, every 4 - 6 hours) for 3 days. I had subbed in a kindergarten class the week before and I guess I caught the crud that they had...they were all coughing, sneezing and running fever....literally, I sent 4 kids home one day! I am feeling better now! It looks like we might be coming threw CS next weekend to go to my cousins baptism.....look at your schedule and let me know what your Saturday early afternoon looks like! You are a gorgeous pregnant lady!!!!...pot belly, sticks and all!!!